Honey is used a lot in the Mediterranean diet. There are many different kinds, and also many different uses. Below is a list of some of these natural remedies.
1. Acne cure- Honey can prove to be an affordable face cleanser to fight acne. It is gentle on all skin types. Half a teaspoon, run between hands to warm, and spread on face gently. Leave for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
2. Exfoliator- Honey is amazing for exfoliation! Add 2 cups of honey to your winter bath, soak for 15 minutes, then add one cup baking soda for additional 15 minutes.
3. Pre-biotic support- Raw honey is rich in natural prebiotics that promote growth of good bacteria in the intestine.
4. Moisturize- A spoonful of raw honey mixed with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon can be used as a hydrating lotion.
5. Hair mask- Raw honey hair mask can help boost shine. Mix 1 teaspoon of raw honey with 5 cups of warm water. Rinse thoroughly and air dry.
6. Excema relief- Avoid cost and side effects of prescription pills. Use honey to treat mild excema. Use as a topical mixture of equal parts of honey and cinnamon.
7. Reduce inflammation/Asthma- Raw honey has anti-inflammatory agents that can treat respiratory conditions like asthma.
8. Cure UTI- Honey can help improve urinary tract infections due to its antibacterial properties.
9. Shampoo- Raw honey can cleanse and restore the health of your hair and scalp.
10. Improve allergies- Locally sourced honey can help reduce seasonal allergies.
11. Restore sleep- Raw honey promotes restorative sleep. Add tablespoon to warm milk to increase melatonin and help you sleep.
12. Antioxidant support- Consumption of raw honey increases plaque-fighting antioxidants.
13. Improve diabetes- Consumption of raw honey can reduce risk of developing diabetes and help aid medication used to treat diabetes. Raw honey increases insulin and decreases hyperglycemia. Add a little at a time and see effect on blood sugar.
14.Relieve nausea- Mix honey with ginger and lemon juice to help counteract nausea.